Types of Political Committees
- Political Action Committees
- Out-of-State Political Committees
- Political Party Committees
- Referendum Committees
- Inaugural Committees
All committees should familiarize themselves with the Campaign Finance Disclosure (CFDA). The Act can be found in the Code of Virginia, Title 24.2, Chapters 9.3, 9.4 and 9.5. To assist in this understanding of the law, the State Board of Elections has developed summaries on the laws and policies governing CFDA.
Registered Political Committees in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Master list (.csv) - list shows most recent activity.
- Active Candidate Committees (.xls)
- Active Political Action Committees (.xls)
- Active Political Party Committees (.xls)
- Active Referendum Committees (.xls)
- Active Federal Committees registered in Virginia (.xls)
- Active Out-of-State Committees registered in Virginia (.xls)
Political Committee lists are updated quarterly.