Campaign Finance Filing
The Virginia Department of Elections (ELECT) provides, free of charge, an online application for candidates and political committees to file campaign finance reports. As of 2012, COMmittee Electronic Tracking – known as COMET – replaced the desktop VAFiling software, which had been in use since 1999. Electronic filers (E-filers) who employ 3rd party software vendors to prepare and create their reports must use COMET to upload their campaign finance reports to the Department of Elections public website. E-Filers who do not use third-party software must use COMET to prepare and submit their campaign finance reports.
- Review the COMET User Manual or the COMET Quick User Guide
- Establish an administrator account.
- Create and submit a Statement of Organization (SOO).
- Have authorized users create their account and add them to the committee.
- Enter Line-Item entries (Receipts, Expenditures, and Loans/Debts).
- Enter any Large Dollar and Large Pre-Election Contributions.
- Manage your Contacts.
- Prepare and Submit your Reports.
All questions, comments and faxes regarding COMET should be sent to email@example.com or faxed to (804) 786-1364.
|Approved 3rd Party Vendors|
|Aristotle, Inc.||Back Office||(202) 543-8345|
|Campaign Deputy LLC||Campaign Deputy||(202) 915-0500|
|Cision, Inc||Version 8||(301) 683-9657|
|Custom Data Systems, Inc||Association Manager.Net||(804) 612-9452|
|DDC||Democracy Direct||(202) 830-2038|
|NGP VAN Version 12||NGP Campaign Office||(202) 686-9330|
|NGP VAN, Inc.||NGP Campaign Office – Version 6||(202) 686-9330|
|Primary Data Solutions||PDS Membership 3.0||(703) 348-2248|
|Public Affairs Support Services (PASS)||EPACINFO||(703) 476-3070|
|Red Curve Solutions, LLC||Vortex 2.0||(617) 303-6800|
|TARGET-D Consulting||Target-D, Version 12||(703) 435-2891|
|Trail Blazer Campaign Services, Inc.||Trail Blazer Campaign Manager, 6.2||(952) 767-2651|