When to Vote
Polling places are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
Unsure of when the next election occurs?
Go to our Calendars and Schedules page for listings of upcoming elections.
Where to Vote
How to Vote
When voting in-person, you will be asked to provide an acceptable form of photo identification (photo ID) at the polls.
- More details on voting in-person >>
- More details on voting absentee >>
- More details on military and overseas voting >>
- More details on voters with special needs >>
Virginia law allows you to vote in only one political party primary election when multiple political party primary elections are held on the same day (Va Code § 24.2-530). Each primary has a separate ballot listing different candidates. The voter must indicate which ballot he would like to receive.
- Learn more about the certified Voting Systems used by localities.