The Virginia Department of Elections (ELECT) provides, free of charge, an online application for candidates and political committees to file campaign finance reports. As of 2012, COMmittee Electronic Tracking – known as COMET – replaced the desktop VAFiling software, which had been in use since 1999. Electronic filers (E-filers) who employ 3rd party software vendors to prepare and create their reports must use COMET to upload their campaign finance reports to the Department of Elections public website. E-Filers who do not use third-party software must use COMET to prepare and submit their campaign finance reports.
- Review the COMET User Manual or the COMET Quick User Guide
- Establish an administrator account.
- Create and submit a Statement of Organization (SOO).
- Have authorized users create their account and add them to the committee.
- Enter Line-Item entries (Receipts, Expenditures, and Loans/Debts).
- Enter any Large Dollar and Large Pre-Election Contributions.
- Manage your Contacts.
- Prepare and Submit your Reports.
All questions, comments and faxes regarding COMET should be sent to email@example.com or faxed to (804) 786-1364.
|Vendor||Name of Vendor Software Program||Contact Phone Number|
|Act Blue||Indigo||617) 517-7636|
|Aristotle, Inc.||Back Office||(202) 543-8345|
|Campaign Deputy LLC||Campaign Deputy||(502) 200-2456|
|Custom Data Systems, Inc||Association Manager.Net||(804) 612-9452|
|DDC||Democracy Direct||(202) 830-2038|
|NGP VAN Version 12||NGP Campaign Office||(202) 686-9330|
|NGP VAN, Inc.||NGP Campaign Office – Version 6||(202) 686-9330|
|Primary Data Solutions||PDS Membership 3.0||(703) 348-2248|
|TARGET-D Consulting||Target-D, Version 12||(703) 435-2891|
|Trail Blazer Campaign Services, Inc.||Trail Blazer Campaign Manager, 6.2||(952) 767-2651|
|Vocus Inc.||Vocus, Version 8||(301) 683-6066|
|Public Affairs Support Services (PASS)||EPAC||(703) 476-3070|