As per § 24.2-947.1, any individual seeking or campaigning for an office of the Commonwealth or one of its governmental units in a party nomination process or general, primary, or special election, shall file a Statement of Organization within 10 days of meeting any one of the following conditions:
- Acceptance of a contribution;
- Expenditure of any funds;
- The payment of a filing fee for any party nomination method;
- The filing of a candidate statement of qualification pursuant to § 24.2-501; or
- The appointment of a campaign treasurer, designation of a campaign committee, or designation of a campaign depository.
Commonly Requested Forms