Register to vote or apply for a ballot online using the Citizen Portal.
Please note that not every district will be holding a June 20, 2023 Primary Election. Click here to see if your district is holding a Primary Election
- Absentee Voting Begins (June Primary Election): May 5th (If General Registrar's office is closed on Saturday, May 6th)
Deadlines in June apply to the June 20th Primary Election
- Last Day to Apply Online for Absentee Ballot (June Primary Election): June 9th
- Last Day to Request Replacement Absentee Ballot (June Primary Election): June 17th
- Last Day to Apply In-Person for Absentee Ballot (June Primary Election): June 17th (Must be completed at the General Registrar's office)
- Last Day to Request an Emergency Absentee Ballot (June Primary Election): June 19th
- Election Day (Primary): June 20th
Deadlines in October apply to the November 7th Election
- Last Day to Register to Vote for November Election: October 16th
- Last Day to Apply Absentee Online, Mail, or Fax: October 27th
Deadlines in November apply to the November 7th Election
- Last Day to Apply In-Person for Absentee Ballot: November 4th (Must be completed at the General Registrar's office)
- Last Day to Request a Replacement Absentee Ballot: November 4th (Certain restrictions apply)
- Last Day to Request an Emergency Absentee Ballot: November 6th
- Election Day: November 7th
Reach Out to Fellow Voters!
Share with fellow voters on social media or through email.
Copy and paste the image(s) and text below to share on your social media.
En Español Tiếng Việt 한국어
Every vote counts and everyone who is registered and legally qualified has a right to vote. Virginia voters must be validated prior to voting and there are safeguards in place for early and absentee voting as well as voting in person. Learn more at Vote.Virginia.gov. #VAisForVoters
We want everyone to be able to vote if they are eligible. So, the Commonwealth has processes in place for voters 65 and older, those with a disability and those with vision or dexterity challenges. Learn more about how Virginia safeguards elections at Vote.Virginia.gov.
Did you know that protection against voter suppression, discrimination or intimidation is the law in Virginia? You have rights as a voter including being able to vote if you are in line by 7 pm when polls close. Find out more at Vote.Virginia.gov. #VAisForVoters
Whether you decide to vote in person on Election Day, in person before Election Day, or to use an absentee ballot, you’ll know that your vote will be safe and secure, thanks to all of the safeguards we use to make all elections safe, secure and accessible. To learn more, visit Vote.Virginia.gov.
Officer of Elections Poster
Download and print Officer of Election poster for Virgnina.