For Immediate Release:
Contact For More Information:
Andrea M. Gaines
Tuesday, Oct. 15 is the Deadline for Virginians to Register to Vote in the Nov. 5 Election
RICHMOND, VA – The voter registration deadline for the November 5, 2019 General Election in Virginia is Tuesday, October 15, 2019. To register to vote or update your voter registration information:
- By mail: Applications must be postmarked by October 15, 2019.
- In-person: Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on October 15, 2019.
- Online: Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on October 15, 2019.
Any Virginian can check or update their registration name or address, or register for the first time at elections.virginia.gov/register.
To register to vote in Virginia, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen,
- be a resident of Virginia,
- be at least 18 years old by Election Day (November 5, 2019),
- have had voting rights restored if convicted of a felony,
- have had the capacity restored by court order if declared mentally incapacitated,
- not be registered and plan to vote in another
In addition to registering online, eligible Virginians may also register at their local voter registration office. Find additional information about your local voter registration office online at elections.virginia.gov/VRO
Voter registration applications are also available at DMV customer service centers, social service offices, public libraries and other state and local government offices.
For more information about registering, local voter registration offices, absentee voting, acceptable photo IDs and more, visit the Department of Elections website at vote.virginia.gov, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at (800) 552-9745 or TTY 711.