Effective July 1, 2013 all individuals or organizations requesting twenty-five (25) or more voter registration applications from the Department of Elections (ELECT) or local voter registration offices must register and complete ELECT certified training.
You may complete ELECT certified training in one of three ways:
- Instructor led, classroom training offered by ELECT.
- Contact Garry Ellis for more information.
- Instructor led, classroom training at local voter registration offices.
- Contact your local voter registration office for more information.
- Watch the online training video (Updated 7/25/16)
Once you have completed ELECT certified training, submit the voter registration application request and affidavit.
- List of certified persons and organizations (Revised 2/22/17)
Voter Registration Drive Forms
- Voter Registration Drive Guidelines (Revised July 1, 2016) (.pdf)
- Checklist for Voter Registration Drives (.pdf)
- Voter Registration Application Request Form (.pdf)
- Voter Registration Application Request and Affidavit – to be completed after training.
Social Media - Voter Outreach
The Virginia Department of Elections encourages everyone engage with us and others via social media. When promoting your voter outreach programs on Facebook and Twitter, please consider using the following hashtags: