When to Vote
Polling places are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
Unsure of when the next election occurs? Go to our Calendars and Schedules page for listings of upcoming elections.
How to Vote
When voting in-person, you will be asked to provide an acceptable form of photo identification (photo ID) at the polls.
- More details on voting in-person >>
- More details on voting absentee >>
- More details on military and overseas voting >>
- More details on voters with special needs >>
Virginia law allows you to vote in only one political party primary election when multiple political party primary elections are held on the same day. Each primary has a separate ballot listing different candidates. The voter must indicate which ballot he would like to receive.
Where to Vote
What is on my Ballot?
- Learn more about the various Voting Systems used by localities.