As per § 24.2-947.1, any individual seeking or campaigning for an office of the Commonwealth or one of its governmental units in a party nomination process or general, primary, or special election, shall file a Statement of Organization within 10 days of meeting any one of the following conditions:
- Acceptance of a contribution;
- Expenditure of any funds;
- The payment of a filing fee for any party nomination method;
- The filing of a candidate statement of qualification pursuant to § 24.2-501; or
- The appointment of a campaign treasurer, designation of a campaign committee, or designation of a campaign depository.
Important Information for General Assembly Candidates who file paper reports
- 2016 Candidate Campaign Committee Cover Sheet
- 2015 Candidate Campaign Committee Cover Sheet
- Final Report Cover Sheet
|Schedule A – Direct Contributions over $100
Use to report contributions exceeding $100.
Schedule A Instructions
|Schedule F – Debts Remaining Unpaid
Use to itemize any outstanding debt that remains outstanding as of the current reporting period.
Schedule F Instructions
|Schedule B – In-Kind Contributions over $100
Use to report contributions of services rendered or goods whose value exceeds $100.
Schedule B Instructions
|Schedule G – Statement of Funds
Contributions, receipts, expenditures and loans that have occurred during the reporting cycle.
Schedule G Instructions
|Schedule C – Rebates, Refunds and Interest
Use to report receipts of refunds, rebates interest paid.
Schedule C Instructions
|Schedule H – Summary of Receipts and Disbursements
Contributions, receipts, expenditures and loans that have occurred during the committees duration.
Schedule H Instructions
|Schedule D – Itemization of Expenditures
Use to report all expenditures incurred by a committee.
Schedule D Instructions
|Schedule I – Surplus Funds Paid Out
Use to report the disposition of surplus funds.
Schedule I Instructions
|Schedule E – Itemization of Loans
Use to report the itemization of all loans received and/or repaid by a committee.
Schedule E Instructions
|Designated Expenditure Report – For each designated contribution received by the campaign committee from a political committee, out-of-state political committee, or federal political action committee, the campaign committee shall list the name of the person who designated the contribution and provide the information required.|
Commonly Requested Forms
- Large Pre-Election Contributions Form
- Request an Exemption from Reporting Requirements Form
- Rescind a Request for Exemption from Reporting Form
- Independent Expenditures Form
Forms from previous years can be found on our archive page.